Senior ETL Developer – Kettle – Pentaho DI
The consultant is responsible for:
- Data Profiling, Data Extraction, Transformation, Load and Data cleansing.
- Developing technical specifications.
- Performing unit tests and conducting acceptance test with business and functional resources.
- Liaising with business and functional resources for technical implementation and documentation.
- Resolving defects in a timely manner (expected defect turnaround under 24 hours on average).
The Ideal Candidate Would Possess The Following Skills/experience
- Must have 5+ years experience working on Large scale Data migration projects.
- Experience with Kettle technology
- Experienced in configuring and setting up the InfoSphere Suite
- 3+ years Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, MS SQL Server, PL/SQL,T-SQL
- Scripting (Perl)
- Successfully delivered a number of ETL, Data Migration and/or Data Warehouse projects
- Worked on enterprise projects and delivered them using Agilemethodology
- Expert development skills in SQL, T-SQL and SSIS
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken) is critical
Desired experience and skills required for the role:
- Well versed in Enterprise-level, high volume transactional Databases.
- Proven experience in Data Quality assessments and Data mapping.
- Knowledge of ETL frameworks
- Hands on experience with other ETL tools (PowerCenter Informatica, Microsoft SSIS).
- Previous Health insurance experience is highly desirable.
- Strong in non-functional solution design , performance (e.g. auto scaling), security (application and network level), etc.
- Must have experience in quality assurance and governance of solution development.
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, OneNote, MS Visio).
Other experience and skills:
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines with a diverse team.
- Proven strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication (written, presentation and verbal) skills.
- Excellent listening, understanding and comprehension skills.
- Professional / consultative / customer facing style.
- Self-starter, goal focused and is capable of adjusting own behaviour in different scenarios and managing time and priorities effectively in order to deliver on time and within budget.
- Ability to identify potential issues and escalate as required.
- Strong time and priority management capabilities.